Friday 11 September 2015

"pencils"

One term you will here a lot is "penciled" and maybe "heavy pencil"....Both are the carrot dangeled before the actor, no commitment from the employer....
So, what does it mean, well, it's a possible booking, a short list, a maybe ect, ect.

Your diary ends up full of penciled bookings, hmmmmm, your diary your calander. this is an important piece of kit. I've discovered that a well kept and organised diary keeps you sane.

I have been fortunate since moving to London, with two corporate videos already done and a modeling photo shoot, I have a fringe theatre performance next week and several days booked for SA work on a BBC drama as well as a day on an indipendant film with a speaking role. I have an audition on Monday too.

The diary makes sure I don't double book myself, and I can keep track of the gigs I've done, to chase payment if I need to, to keep all those pencils in..

This "fortune" has come from dozens of applications for roles and my best efforts at networking (and one through Rachael x) I think you have to emmerse yourself in the job of becoming an actor to be an actor.




No comments:

Post a Comment