Saturday 12 September 2015

Exposure and the internet.....

So, I have a full day to myself....or not.

As an actor in London, A full day of "nothing" involves serching for work, building the all important Social Media your internet foot-print and....learning lines. Also researching facts ect for the next audition....

The next audition is - (now, please don't laugh) for........wait for it......... SANTA !

Yes, I've got that audition to be a London Santa. I'll let you know how it goes.

In the mean time I have the Clapham Fringe to perform next week, Monday through Thursday. My first time on stage in London. Very excited and I've made some amazingly talented friends at the "two ladies Theatre company". I'll pop a link at the end of the Blog.

Tomorrow (Sunday) will see my first day on set/location for a new BBC drama (can't say more about it) But again, looking forward to everything except the very early start.

Lets go back to that bit in brackets up there......Another important part of getting/keeping work. Don't give details or post photos on the internet and social media. at best you will be kicked off set and your name will be marked as not to be trusted...at worst you'll be sued.
Just don't do it.

Companies put a lot of money, time and effort into promotion and they don't want an actor to spoil their plan. Part of your job is to help with that promotion, but do it in a way that they want. Don't expose the prodution just to boost your own profile.

I have always lived by this motto and it has served me well, in my humble oppinion, It's good advice.

The link to the play:
More than this

No comments:

Post a Comment